Since I started my Kickstarter campaign a lot of people have been asking me "what is Kickstarter". In simple terms it is a way of funding a creative project by raising small amounts of money from a large number of people. People are encouraged to donate or make pledges and in return usually get something in return that is linked to the project. For example a £30 pledge to my campaign will get you a branded sweatshirt, sticker pack and set of button badges. Pledges continue for a set period of time (mine was 30 days) and the money is only released if you hit your goal.
1. Kickstarter is a new way to fund creative projects.
2. Each project is independently created.
3. Together, creators and backers make projects happen.
4. Creators keep 100% ownership of their work.
5. Creative works were funded this way for centuries.
6. Backing a project is more than just giving someone money.
7. Our mission is to help bring creative projects to life.
We believe that creative projects make for a better world, and we’re thrilled to help support new ones. Building a community of backers around an idea is an amazing way to make something new.