Quiet Doodle Club
Quiet Doodle Clubs have a very limited number of spaces per workshop (3 or 4) and are specifically designed for children who would benefit from a less rowdy session. We start with "art drills" where we grab a pen and practice patterns, line work and zentangles. You'll then learn to doodle something new before finishing with a little free time to practice what you've learnt.
Every week we have a different random theme for Doodle Club including...
- Kawaii Cards: Learn the Japanese art of Kawaii with cute cartoon style characters that are really easy to draw and have endless combinations of body shapes and faces.
- Artist Insight: Learn about the featured doodle artists like Jon Burgerman, Hattie Stewart, Mr Doodle and Tessa Shearer and practice how to draw like them.
- Marker Masterclass: Learn the pros and cons of a different marker every month and get an opportunity to use pens that you wouldn't normally have in your case.
- Skulls and Monsters: As an antidote for the cute Japanese art we do in week 1 in this session we can get dark and draw all the gruesome stuff.
- Go Big or Go Home: In this session we focus on scaling up and end up drawing big on the boards, walls, unicorn and sometimes a car.
All materials provided for free from the community pool but you can purchase brand new equipment at the studio to keep for yourself.
Suitable for mixed age groups from 8+ (contact me if you have an under 8)
Be prepared it will get messy so please bring old clothes.