Adult Doodle Club 2020
New for 2020 is adult Doodle Club. All the same benefits of the regular Doodle Club just with a little more adult themes and conversation.
Technically a 1 hour Doodle Club session but realistically look at it as 8 till late. We start with "art drills" where we grab a pen and practice patterns, line work and zentangles. You'll then learn to doodle something new before finishing with a little free time to practice what you've learnt.
Every week we have a different random theme for Doodle Club including...
- Kawaii Cards: Learn the Japanese art of Kawaii with cute cartoon style characters that are really easy to draw and have endless combinations of body shapes and faces.
- Artist Insight: Learn about the featured doodle artists like Jon Burgerman, Hattie Stewart, Mr Doodle and Tessa Shearer and practice how to draw like them.
- Marker Masterclass: Learn the pros and cons of a different marker every month and get an opportunity to use pens that you wouldn't normally have in your case.
- Skulls and Monsters: As an antidote for the cute Japanese art we do in week 1 in this session we can get dark and draw all the gruesome stuff.
- Go Big or Go Home: In this session we focus on scaling up and end up drawing big on the boards, walls, unicorn and sometimes a car.
Suitable for ages 16+ due to adult content
Be prepared it will get messy so bring old clothes.
This is a BYOB event!